Old Magic Cauldron

Rendered in 3ds Max using Arnold

Rendered in 3ds Max using Arnold

Rendered in 3ds Max using Arnold

Rendered in 3ds Max using Arnold

Old Magic Cauldron was an old model project I decided to go back on and revamp with the skills I picked up since then. I used 3ds Max to model both the high and low poly variant of the pot and then exported them into Substance Painter to bake and texture. In Substance, I enjoyed playing around with the generators and combining different Grunge maps to create the final texture. For the presentation, I decided to use Unity to show off the model in a game engine. In Unity, I delved into the shader graph for the magic liquid and used several particle systems for the bubbling effect and glyphs. Overall I am happy with how the project came out within the short time frame I worked on it. It was a good test of my substance and VFX skills.